[R] Remove observations deemed influential by influential.measure

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Tue Jun 29 19:32:43 CEST 2010

On Jun 29, 2010, at 1:10 PM, GL wrote:

> dbs is an existing dataframe. I fit a lm and looked at influential
> observations. I want now to delete the influential observations from
> dbs,
> fit another lm, and see how different the results are. What is the
> syntax to
> remove the influential observations from dbs?
>
> fit <- lm(NI ~ PG + log(TG), data=dbs)
> fit.influential.observations <- influence.measures(fit)
>
> dbs.without.influential.observations <- ?????

Look (more?) carefully at the examples on the help page. The first
example shows how to extract a vector of row numbers associated with
infuential cases. If you need help applying htat information to a
dataframe using "[" then you probably need to re-read the Introduction
to R as well.

--

David Winsemius, MD
West Hartford, CT