[R] why a text editor?

jim holtman jholtman at gmail.com
Mon Mar 1 16:07:29 CET 2010

I use Tinn-R under Windows.  It lets me keep multiple scripts open and
selectively change and execute code.  I usually structure a large
application as a number of individual scripts that I will run from a
master script using "source()".  In Tinn-R, I can just highlight the
statements I want executed and pass them to R.  Another nice feature
is that I work on a number of concurrent projects and the "Project"
feature of Tinn-R lets me keep together all the script for a project
and they are opened all at once.