[R] Dock graphs when using R in Eclipse with StatET plug In

Karl Ove Hufthammer karl at huftis.org
Mon Mar 1 16:47:16 CET 2010

On Wed, 17 Feb 2010 10:32:35 -0600 Gene Leynes <gleynes+r at gmail.com>
wrote:
> By the way, if you have not tried the StatET thing, you should.  It's really
> nice, and I'm sure I'm not even using all the bells and whistles.  The
> "automatic variable highlighting" alone is amazing.

I very much agree. Note that you can rename all the instances of the
selected variable with 'Ctrl + 1'. I have found this very useful at
times. I also like the popup that shows the contents of a variable
(basically the output of 'str') when you hover over the variable.

There are some annoying bugs when using the 'RMI/JRI' interface on a
non-ASCII system, though, so I usually use the 'Rterm' interface (which
doesn't support the popup feature or any other feature that depend on
feedback *from* R to Eclipse).

--
Karl Ove Hufthammer