[R] file reading /problems with encoding

T.Wunder at stud.uni-heidelberg.de T.Wunder at stud.uni-heidelberg.de
Mon Mar 1 17:15:17 CET 2010

Hello Uwe,

Quoting Uwe Ligges <ligges at statistik.tu-dortmund.de>:
> You can arrange the former without a loop by
>
> xml <- paste(t, collapse="")
Thank you, another trick to improve my R-skills :)

> For the other problem you are reporting: Can you make (the relevbant
> part of) your file available (say on some web site) so that we can test
> what is going on?

I've put the file here (I know quite inconvenient, but since I have no
space respectively no access to space, this is the only chance to
provide you the file)

http://rapidshare.com/files/357494808/file.xml.html

It's an ordinary xml file created with word 2007 with a table, in
which the values from a specific data frame should be written.

Another step to solve the problem was to set the global option
encoding to UTF-8, since it is possible to read and sink this file
without any special encoding options (of course with no
grep-possibilites at special characters)
Setting the encoding-option, however, didn't solve the problem at all. :/

Thank you for your help,
Tom