[R] wrap long lines in table using "latex" in Hmisc

Sharpie chuck at sharpsteen.net
Mon Mar 1 20:49:33 CET 2010

Tao Shi wrote:

> Thank you guys for the wonderful suggestions!
>
> Charlie,
>
> You obviously foresaw my problem!   It took me a while to figure out that
> the \raggedright and other justification commands should be applied to
> each cell.  It didn't work for me when applied to the headings.  See this
> nice document here:
>
> http://nepsweb.co.uk/docs/tableTricks.pdf
>

> Thanks again.
>
> ...Tao

This article also contains some nice tricks for table formatting:

  http://www.tug.org/pracjourn/2007-1/mori/mori.pdf

And for aligning columns of numeric values, I highly recommend the "S"
column descriptor provided by the siunitx package:

  http://tug.ctan.org/cgi-bin/ctanPackageInformation.py?id=siunitx

-Charlie

-----
Charlie Sharpsteen
Undergraduate-- Environmental Resources Engineering
Humboldt State University