[R] Smoothing Spline Basis Matrix

D Sonderegger derek.sonderegger at gmail.com
Mon Mar 1 21:36:26 CET 2010

Close, but not quite.  Your design matrix is:
H <- bs(X, knots=spl$fit$knot, intercept=TRUE)

So long as you have data in all of the inter-knot regions, you should be ok.

A good book to check out about this sort of thing is Ruppert, Wand and
Carroll's Semiparametric Regression book.  I can't recommend that book
highly enough.

Derek