[R] nu-SVM crashes in e1071

Häring, Tim (LWF) Tim.Haering at lwf.bayern.de
Wed Mar 3 10:08:02 CET 2010

(...)

> While you're sending your bug report to David, perhaps you can try the
> SVM from kernlab.
>
> It relies on code from libsvm, too, but ... you never know. It can't
> hurt to try.

Hi Steve,

thanks for that hint.
I tried ksvm()-function bet get an error message:

model <- ksvm(soil_unit~., train, type="nu-svc")
Using automatic sigma estimation (sigest) for RBF or laplace kernel
Error in votematrix[i, ret < 0] <- votematrix[i, ret < 0] + 1 :
  NAs are not allowed in subscripted assignments

But there are no NAs in my dataset. I checked it with
summary(is.na(train))

I sent an Email to David...

TIM