[R] adonis(), design

Kay Cichini Kay.Cichini at uibk.ac.at
Thu Mar 4 10:30:40 CET 2010

....inclusion of repeated measures of course should gain power, but here I
guess one would have to restrict permutations and that's what may reduce
power drastically if sample size is small, at least that's how I understood
it.
I have also dug out a thread where someone asked for random factors in
adonis() and that's quite the same topic, I think. Gavin answered that
function permuted.Index2() would serve - but still I don't know how to do it
practically..
There is one of my postings in the r forge vegan forum that handles the same
problem with sampling design for beta.disper() and if it turns out that in
both cases the key is permuted.Index2() this thread may be redundant.

Greetings,
Kay