[R] logistic regression by group?

Noah Silverman noah at smartmediacorp.com
Thu Mar 4 20:22:12 CET 2010

Corey,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I cant give any sample code as I don't know how to code this in R.
That's why I tried to pass along some pseudo code.

I'm looking for the best "beta" that maximize likelihood over all the
groups.  So, while your suggestion is close, it isn't quite what I need.

I've seen the formula written as:

L = product( exp(xb) / sum(exp(xb)) )

Where sum(exp(xb))  represents the sum of all the items in the group.

Does that make sense?

-N