[R] looking into function body without package installation

Olga Lyashevska olga at herenstraat.nl
Fri Mar 5 13:09:02 CET 2010

Dear all,

I was wondering if there is a way to explore a syntax of particular
function without package installation?
I am trying to write my own functions, and I would like to see how
other people approached similar problems. If every time I have to
install/load package to be able to explore function syntax I end up
installing loads of packages I am never going to use.

I have also tried to use package 'sos' which does provide a good
facility to find relevant information, but it seems it does not give
any info on function body.

Thanks,
Olga