[R] how to make this sequence: 1,2,3,4,5,4,3,2,1

kensuguro magronbass at gmail.com
Fri Mar 5 15:21:57 CET 2010

so basically, it's impossible to do with just seq() and rep()..  Doesn't seem
like a good question for chapter 1...

Also, problem 1.13 is even more crazy..  it asks you to build the fibonacci
sequence.  Now I'm a programmer, and so went way ahead in the book to see
how functions were written, and just wrote my own function, but again, in
chapter 1?  (only covered c(), seq(), and rep() at this point)  What away
kick start a book.  Is "Using R project for Introductory Statistics" known
to jump around or have out of sequence practice problems?  Otherwise it
seems to be written very well.