[R] Nonparametric generalization of ANOVA

blue sky bluesky315 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 5 18:17:06 CET 2010

On Fri, Mar 5, 2010 at 9:42 AM, David Winsemius <dwinsemius at comcast.net> wrote:

> On Mar 5, 2010, at 10:34 AM, Matthias Gondan wrote:
>
>>> This is your first of three postings in the last hour and they are all in
>>> a category that could well be described as requests for tutoring in basic
>>> statistical topics. I am of the impression you have been requested not to
>>> engage in such behavior on this list. For this question for instance
>>> there is an entire CRAN Task View available and you have been in
>>> particular asked to sue such resource before posting.
>>
>> Please allow me to ask for details on this task view, because I am
>> interested in the topic of nonparametric ANOVAs, as well. To my knowledge,
>> there are some R scripts from Brunner et al. available on his website
>>
>> http://www.ams.med.uni-goettingen.de/de/sof/ld/index.html

I don't understand German. There are two references in English though.
Does any of them give description of nonparametric ANOVA in a very
general way.

Brunner, E. , Domhof, S. und Langer,F. (2002): Nonparametric Analysis
of Longitudinal Data in Factorial Experiments. Wiley, New York.
Brunner, E. und Puri, M.L.. (2001): Nonparametric Methods in Factorial
Designs. Statistical Papers 42, 1-52.

>> But they seem not to be working with current R versions.
>
> http://finzi.psych.upenn.edu/views/Robust.html

I think that robust analysis and nonparametric analysis are different,
if I understand correctly some description in the introduction of
Robust Statistics 2nd Ed by Huber and Ronchetti.