[R] transposing data

Phil Spector spector at stat.berkeley.edu
Sat Mar 6 05:45:44 CET 2010

Frank -
    I think you need to create a composite time variable
to do what you want to do:

exp1.r5$key = with(exp1.r5,paste(CannonAngle,CannonOriB,
                   CannonOriR,nRedPelelts,TargetColor,tbearing,sep='.'))
exp1.r5.use = subset(exp1.r5,select=-c(CannonAngle,CannonOriB,
                   CannonOriR,nRedPelelts,TargetColor,tbearing))
exp1.r5.wide <- reshape(exp1.r5.use, idvar="Subject", direction = "wide",
        v.names="RT", timevar = 'key')

 					- Phil Spector
 					 Statistical Computing Facility
 					 Department of Statistics