[R] Average regions of non-zeros

bogaso.christofer bogaso.christofer at gmail.com
Mon Mar 8 09:26:09 CET 2010

Hi Jim I was following this thread and found that your answer is perfect
there. However I could not comprehend the meaning of the expression "
cumsum(x == 0)". If I paste it in R window, I get following :

> cumsum(x == 0)
 [1] 1 2 2 2 2 3 4 4 4 4

I gone through the help page of cumsum() function I correctly understand
that this function calculates the cumulative sum. But could not understand
really the meaning of cumsum(x == 0)

Would you please explain that?

Thanks,