[R] Data.frame issue (pls help)

Ivan Calandra ivan.calandra at uni-hamburg.de
Mon Mar 8 16:41:02 CET 2010

Hi,

I cannot really test since your dataframe is completely distorted, but
what happens if you try: format(QuoteBID, nsmall=5)?
I think it's just a matter of printing, which uses the number of digits
from options(digits=).

See: ?options, ?format, etc.

But I'm not an expert and cannot really test for this.
HTH
Ivan

Le 3/8/2010 14:15, GULATI, BRIJESH (Global Markets FF&O NY) a écrit :
> Hi:
> I want to obtain a particular value from a data.frame. Following is my
> dataframe:
>

>> Quotes
>>
>                    		BID      		ASK
> Name
> CT2 GOVT     		99.92969  	99.9375		CT2
> TUM0 COMDTY 	108.53125 	108.5469	TUM0
> CT5 GOVT    		100.10156 	100.1094	GT5
> FVM0 COMDTY 	115.56250 	115.5703	FVM0
> TYM0 COMDTY 	116.93750 	116.9531	TYM0
>
> If I try to run: QuoteTUM0BID = Quotes[Quotes$Name %in% "TUM0", "BID"]
> and print QuoteTUM0BID, I get 108.5312, instead of 108.53125 as an
> answer. Please let me know why is it ignoring the last digit.
>

> Additional Information.
> If I run QuoteBID = Quotes[, "BID"], I get the whole array in which TUM0
> BID is 108.53125 (a correct number).
>

> Thanks in advance...
> Rgds,
> Brijesh

Ivan CALANDRA
PhD Student
University of Hamburg
Biozentrum Grindel und Zoologisches Museum
Abt. Säugetiere
Martin-Luther-King-Platz 3
D-20146 Hamburg, GERMANY
+49(0)40 42838 6231