[R] ks.test; memory problems

Jonathan jonsleepy at gmail.com
Tue Mar 9 22:28:09 CET 2010

Furthermore, I am not even able to take a sample of my large vector
(which does exist somehow and is in memory):

> sampleOfBigVector <- c(range(myBigVector),sample(myBigVector, 1000))
Error: cannot allocate vector of size 718.0 Mb

I guess I don't know what else I can do now, except find some cluster
with a lot of memory to run this code on (presumably I'd be able to
allocate those vectors then)?

Jonathan