[R] Help with aggregate and cor

Ista Zahn istazahn at gmail.com
Wed Mar 10 04:24:05 CET 2010

Hi James,
It would really help if you gave us a sample of the data you are
working with. The following is not tested, because I don't have your
data and am too lazy to construct a similar example dataset for you,
but it might get you started.

You can try using a for loop along the lines of

output <- data.frame(obsfivemin = obsfivemin, 5min.cor =
vector(length=length(obsfivemin)))
for (f in fivemin){
       output$5min.cor[obsfivemin==f] <- cor(df[obsfivemin==f, c("v", "o")])
     }

Or you can try with the plyr package something like

cor.dat <- function(df) {
  cor(df[,c("v", "o")])
}

library(plyr)