[R] FW: How to assign week numbers to a time-series (additional question)

Hosack, Michael mhosack at state.pa.us
Wed Mar 10 19:53:41 CET 2010

I want to thank everyone who has provided me advice on how to solve this problem, it was all very helpful. However, I am still left with one issue remaining. All of the methods provided still require me to input the origin date, which to lead to correct week number assignment, must be the last Saturday prior to the survey start date of May 01 or May 01 if that date happens to be a Saturday. I would prefer a method that is robust to whether or not May 01 is a Saturday and does not require me to input any data other than the initial dataframes.  This program will be used to produce sampling schedules for many subsequent years, most of which will not begin on a Saturday. Does anyone know how this could be done? Please see the attached partial copy of my dataframe.  The survey runs from May 01 to Oct 31.

Thanks so much,

Mike