[R] Odp: Loop overwrite and data output problems

Petr PIKAL petr.pikal at precheza.cz
Thu Mar 11 08:05:53 CET 2010

Hi

r-help-bounces at r-project.org napsal dne 10.03.2010 15:37:00:

> Hi Petr,
>
> Thanks again for your post the problem is now solved - thank you so much
for
> trying and trying to get this to work.
>
> So the final script that actually worked was:
>
> ##ALL SUBSET DATA
>
> #Create vector to put data in
> mod <- vector(1000,mode="list")
> #first order your data according to ID2
> dat.o<-ALL.R[order(ALL.R$ID2),]
> #how many values are in each ID2 and a breakpoint fro each ID2
> len<-rle(dat.o$ID2)$lengths
> shift.len<-c(0,cumsum(len))[-(length(len)+1)]
>
> for(i in 1:1000) {
>    samp<-sapply(lapply(split(dat.o$ID2, dat.o$ID2), function (x)
1:length
> (x)), sample, 1)
>    Sample.dat<-dat.o[shift.len+samp,]
>    m1.R<-glm(cbind(Sample.dat$BEH_T, Sample.dat$BEH_F) ~ Sample.dat$SITE
+
> Sample.dat$YEAR + Sample.dat$PRECIP_MM_DAY + Sample.dat$PUP_AGE_EST +
> Sample.dat$MO_AIR_TEMP, family="binomial")
>       model<-dredge(m1.R)
>       mod[[i]]<-do.call("rbind", model[1,])}

Hm. What is structure of model? From model[1,] I suppose it is matrix or
data frame than why do.call and rbind.

And I suppose mod shall be matrix than why "list" indexing?

start with

mod <- matrix(NA, 1000, ncols)

than use

mod[i,] <- model[1,]

> write.table(mod, "/FILE_PATH/test.txt", col.names=T, row.names=F, sep =
> "\t")

I would transpose it in R by

t(mod)

and if column and row names are repeatably used you can

rownames(mod) <- myrow.names.vector
colnames(mod) <- mycol.names.vector

and after that you can export it with row and col names.

Regards
Petr