[R] colname of ... arguments

Petr PIKAL petr.pikal at precheza.cz
Thu Mar 11 11:07:25 CET 2010

Hi

r-help-bounces at r-project.org napsal dne 11.03.2010 09:34:06:

> David,
>
> That's useful to highlight my problem.
> If instead of e="e" we use a vector like GreenEyes:
>
> > GreenEyes=c(1,2,3,4)
> > niceplot(GreenEyes)
> 1 2 3 4
> >

> What I want is niceplot to print "GreenEyes" bot 1 2 3 4
>
> I want this so I can use it in a legend without having to type in
> "GreenEyes"...

But where is GreenEyes? If it is a name in data.frame or list you can
access it with any standard extraction ways, like names, colnames, "[".

If it is an object in environment them ls() or ls.str() could be used.

but in any case you would need to tell R which object/name use. The mind
reading package is AFAIK still only in its beta versions.

Regards
Petr