[R] colname of ... arguments

Claudia Beleites cbeleites at units.it
Thu Mar 11 12:53:46 CET 2010

what about:

niceplot<-function(...) {
arg.names <- as.list (match.call () [-1])
for (a in seq_along (arg.names))
  cat (as.character (as.expression (arg.names [[a]])), "\n\n")
}

niceplot (greeneye, log (greeneye), 1:3)

note that this works also if there is no "greeneye"

Disclaimer: I don't know whether I'm suggesting something bad, but I'd like to
learn about better ways. So I really appreciate comments.

Claudia