[R] Help function "?" in R 2.10.1

Ivan Calandra ivan.calandra at uni-hamburg.de
Thu Mar 11 14:13:10 CET 2010

The question is what should I do then to be able to access all the help
files, even off-line?
That would really help me to know it.
Thanks
Ivan

Le 3/11/2010 13:46, Uwe Ligges a écrit :

> On 11.03.2010 13:38, Ivan Calandra wrote:
>> Well, when I try to access help files (not all of them actually) without
>> internet connection, I don't get anything.
>> What is it related to then?
>

> MAybe your browser tries to be too clever and goes to some kind of
> offline mode. But it should not since it needs to be able to browse on
> the loopback...
>
> Uwe Ligges

>>> No, it's all local, but you do need a web browser if you want to view
>>> the HTML help. If you don't want the HTML help, you can set the help
>>> type to "text" using
>>>
>>> options(help_type="text")
>>>
>>> Then ?help will show you more options.
>>>
>>> Duncan Murdoch

Ivan CALANDRA
PhD Student
University of Hamburg
Biozentrum Grindel und Zoologisches Museum
Abt. Säugetiere
Martin-Luther-King-Platz 3
D-20146 Hamburg, GERMANY
+49(0)40 42838 6231