[R] Ubunut + Eclipse + StatET: Console terminates upon error

Tobias Verbeke tobias.verbeke at openanalytics.eu
Thu Mar 11 20:32:52 CET 2010

Hi Janko,

I'm not an rJava install expert (on all but my own system
I often end up setting the appropriate environment variables
related to Java manually before launching the R CMD
INSTALL for the package), but with respect to the choice
Rterm vs. RJ Console, I would strongly advise to use the
RJ Console. It allows for a much richer IDE experience,
particularly through the Object Browser and Content Assist
(Content Assist corresponds in non-Eclipse lingo to command
completion and hover pop-ups in the editors and R Console).

Best,
Tobias