[R] rmaxwell in C

Yihui Xie xie at yihui.name
Fri Mar 12 15:45:24 CET 2010

rmaxwell() depends on rgamma(), so what you actually need is to
download R source (rgamma() might depend further on other functions,
though).

> library(VGAM)
> rmaxwell
function (n, a)
{
    if (!is.Numeric(n, posit = TRUE, allow = 1))
        stop("bad input for argument 'n'")
    if (any(a <= 0))
        stop("argument 'a' must be positive")
    sqrt(2 * rgamma(n = n, 1.5)/a)