[R] Randomly sampling subsets of dataframe variable

Stephan Kolassa Stephan.Kolassa at gmx.de
Fri Mar 12 21:18:19 CET 2010

Hi Mike,

take an index vector that selects Monday and Tuesday out of each week,
and then run a restricted random permutation on this vector which only
permutes indices within each week. rperm() is in the sna package.

library(sna)
foo <- rep(c(TRUE,TRUE,FALSE,FALSE,FALSE),26)
your.data[foo[rperm(rep(seq(1,26),each=5))],]

HTH,
Stephan