[R] Error in object$tables[[v]] : subscript out of bounds

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.tu-dortmund.de
Sun Mar 14 15:30:36 CET 2010

On 14.03.2010 11:55, Amy Hessen wrote:

> Hi,
> Could you please tell me how I correct the following error message?
> “Error in object$tables[[v]] : subscript out of bounds”
>
> This is the code:
>
> library(e1071)
> data(iris)
> attach(iris)
> class_label<- names(iris)[1]

This is not the name for the class variable of the wiris data from R.

> myformula<- formula(paste(class_label,"~ ."))

Why do you construct this in a so complicated manner rather than typing
the formula directly?

> mymodel<-naiveBayes(myformula, iris,cross=3)

naiveBayes sort of fails (well, it runs smoothly but the result won't
make sense) here since it expects a class variable.

> predict(mymodel,iris)        ##Error in object$tables[[v]] : subscript out of bounds

Works for me.

Please upgrade R, e1071 and run in a clean session to see that the code
above does not fail. Although it makes absolutely no sense.

Uwe Ligges