[R] formula and class label

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.tu-dortmund.de
Sun Mar 14 15:32:21 CET 2010

On 14.03.2010 07:44, Amy Hessen wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Could you please tell me whether there is a difference in the result of svm when using formula instead of class label?

Well, a factor object (where you have class labels in) is not
sufficient, you also need explaining variables.

The formula interface is just a convenient way to specify the things.
The results should be the same since in most cases the formula method of
some generic calls the matrix or default method later on ...

Uwe Ligges