[R] R on Linux - a primer

Jonathan Baron baron at psych.upenn.edu
Sun Mar 14 23:52:09 CET 2010

Just to make this thoroughly confusing, I will say that I am very
happy with Fedora, which is the bleeding-edge version of RedHat, which
I used starting around 1996.  Tom "Spot" Callaway pays close attention
to the R RPM, and several of the R packages are also available as RPMs
(but I don't use those, because I just use R itself to install and
update packages).  When I have some problem with Fedora, I usually
Google for it and find useful discussion of it in the Ubuntu (etc.)
mailing lists.  In other words, the problems are with the programs
themselves, not the distributions.

I use Fedora on both 64 and 32 bit systems.

Jon
Home page: http://www.sas.upenn.edu/~baron