[R] Loading workspaces from the command line

Wincent ronggui.huang at gmail.com
Tue Mar 16 14:26:37 CET 2010

It is a promising solution. Yet, there is room for improvement. I
revise the if condition so it won't throw an error during ordinary
startup.

.First <- function() {
  if (length(commandArgs(T))>0 && commandArgs(T)[1] == "ld"){
    load(commandArgs(T)[-1], .GlobalEnv)
  }
}

For the Rload script, it should be:
gnome-terminal --command "R --args ld '$1'"

Note the single quotation of $1. Without it, it does not work if the
file name contains space.

HTH
Best
Ronggui