[R] unknown compression

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.tu-dortmund.de
Tue Mar 16 18:00:59 CET 2010

On 16.03.2010 14:35, R Heberto Ghezzo, Dr wrote:
> Thanks to Uwe Ligges, simply putting
> library(xxx)
> dump(ls(pos=2)),file="xxx.r")
> gives a file with all the 'pure R' function in a package
> This just solved my problem, as an added curiosity or just for completion sake, if the package 'xxx'
> has some C/Fortran code , ie an /lib/xxx.dll in Windows, will Rcmd INSTALL xxx work when xxx has
> a R; man and lib subfolders? not a src subfolder since I have the dll not the original C/for

No, it won't work that way.
But you could use some trick in order to "inject" the library. Since
that one was compiled and linked against an ancient version of R, there
is always the risk that your library won't work at all or causes
crashes, of course.

As an example see package rcom that does such nasty things by delivering
the files somewhere in ./inst and ciopies on installation to ./libs
using its configure.win file.

Best,
Uwe Ligges