[R] Troubles on retrieving rownames

anna lippelanna24 at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 17 20:25:25 CET 2010

Hi guys, I am using the blp() function from RBloomberg package which returns
a matrix of prices with the columns corresponding to the security name and
the columns to the date. When I have a look at the matrix I can see the
rownames (dates) on the left of the prices but when I call the rownames()
function it returns me a NULL value. It worked perfectly until I had to
reinstall the RBloomberg package. Here is my code:
(you need to be connected to bloomberg to run it):
conn <- blpConnect(na.action="na")
prices <- blp(conn, securirtyNames, "PX_LAST", startDate, endDate)
> rownames(prices)
NULL

any idea of what it could be? What I don't understand is that I can see
those rownames on the console...

-----
Anna Lippel