[R] Intersect, Union of date/time ranges

Nathan S. Watson-Haigh nathan.watson-haigh at csiro.au
Thu Mar 18 03:52:09 CET 2010

I have 2 sets of data which defines the start and end of date/time
periods. I want to be able to obtain the following:

1) The intersect of those 2 sets of date/time ranges i.e. return
start/end date/time ranges where both sets overlap
2) The union of those 2 sets of date/time ranges i.e. return the
start/end date/time ranges which are in 1 or both sets

Is there anything that is currently able to do this? If not, I'll start
to code something.

Kind regards,
Nathan

Dr. Nathan S. Watson-Haigh