[R] One main title and One legend for multiple lattice plots

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Fri Mar 19 03:21:14 CET 2010

On Mar 18, 2010, at 10:10 PM, Kim Jung Hwa wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Can anyone please help me with getting a "single title" and "legend"
> for
> both the plots in the following R code. I'll eventually be
> using .wmf file.

This is either incredibly simple or you have not explained what you
reall want. Not being on windos I would not be making a win-metafile
but this pdf appears to be doing what you ask:

  ttl <- "Some random text"
p1 <- xyplot(decrease ~ treatment, OrchardSprays, groups = rowpos,
       type = "a", main=ttl,
       auto.key = list(space = "right", points = FALSE, lines = TRUE))
p2 <- xyplot(decrease ~ treatment, OrchardSprays, groups = rowpos,
       type = "a", main=ttl,
       auto.key = list(space = "right", points = FALSE, lines = TRUE))

pdf("Rplot%02d.pdf", width=12, height=8)
print(p1, split=c(1,1,2,2), more=TRUE)
print(p2, split=c(1,2,2,2), more=TRUE)
print(p1, split=c(2,1,2,2), more=TRUE)
print(p2, split=c(2,2,2,2))