[R] outputing text colors

rtist patwarner2424 at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 19 08:27:40 CET 2010

Hi Everyone,

And thanks for the replies.  I was more specifically referring to the
console table output itself.
I have a time series that has columns of months and rows of years, and each
row,col is a value.
I wanted the actual text output value to the console table r,c to have a
color corresponding to the value,
like ifelse(val<0,txt="red",txt="green"), so that I can quickly have an
overview of returns by color.

It looks like the only solution is to use a literal graphics object, and
that the above solution is not feasible.
I'll look into the graphical type objects.  It would be nice to have a
function that simply reads a time series
object table<-f(ts.table) and outputs the above criteria.

Thanks again.