[R] Time series data

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Sat Mar 20 20:16:56 CET 2010

On Mar 20, 2010, at 1:17 PM, Gaathier Mahed wrote:

> Dear Sir/madam
>
> I am a new user to R. I have no background in coding or even
> scripting. It seems as if R would be the best tool in order to analyse
> large sets of data. I need to sum hourly readings for the day and then
> sum daily into monthly readings. i also need to do the same for
> another set of data, but average instead of sum. How do I do this?

Rather than asking for a tutorial on data management, you should:
a) read some introductory texts (look for "contributed" at the main r-
project site)
b) read the Posting Guide  [ ... or reverse a) and b)  ]
c) construct a prototypical data object in R and using the skills
exemplified in hte Posting Guide post a minimal example of what you
are starting with and what you expect.

--

David Winsemius, MD
West Hartford, CT