[R] summary.formula and continuous variables

Erik Iverson eriki at ccbr.umn.edu
Mon Mar 22 21:03:21 CET 2010

Hello,

I am using the summary.formula function in the Hmisc package to produce
tables.

With the "method" argument set to "response", the help says,

"Continuous independent variables (see the ‘continuous’ parameter below)
are automatically stratified into ‘g’ (see below) quantile groups".

By my reading, this makes it impossible to summarize a continuous
variable with, for example, its correlation with the response variable.

Is there some sort of functionality I'm missing here, or is this just
not possible with how summary.formula is written now?

Thanks,
Erik Iverson