[R] Using svm function

Lgn8412 lgn8412 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 24 16:27:36 CET 2010

Hello, I'm a newbie in this language, and I'm using svm to predict events
using R, and would like to know what are the arguments that can be sent to
the svm function, the only example I have about this is about the iris
example and goes like this

data("iris")
model <- svm(Species ~ ., data = iris, method = "C-classification", kernel =
"radial", cost = 10, gamma = 0.1)
    summary(model)

I really don't know how this svm function works, and don't know how to
obtain the data properly from a data file that I got from this site
http://archive.ics.uci.edu/ml/datasets.html

I know that I have to obtain data, classificate it, and then model it using
the svm method, but I think documentation regarding this function is very
scarce

Thanks in advance