[R] rpad ?

Erich Neuwirth erich.neuwirth at univie.ac.at
Wed Mar 24 23:20:50 CET 2010

I found the repair by googling.
You have to get the source and buld the package.
The change needed is in HtmlTree.R

You have to add return(str) at the end of the function definition.
The reason is that for loops now return NULL,
they returned (I think) the value of the last interation
if the looped statement before.

"HTMLargs" <- function(x) {
  # returns a string with the arguments as a="arg1", b="arg2", and so on
  names <- names(x)
  if (length(x) > 0) str <- " " else str <- ""
  for (i in seq(along = x))
    str <- paste(str, names[i], "=", jsQuote(x[[i]]), " ", sep = "")
# next code line added by EN, necessary under under R 2.10
# due to changes how for works
  return(str)
}

I found the solution here