[R] Choosing the larger of row pairs

James Rome jamesrome at gmail.com
Thu Mar 25 02:10:58 CET 2010

I have a data frame with some rows that are almost, but not quite
duplicates of each other.
By using duplicated(key) on one column and on the column reversed, I can
get 2 columns in my data frame that have adjacent rows with TRUE. For
example
key        value         d                di                 ......
OTHER COLUMNS
1             1              FALSE      FALSE
2             0              FALSE      TRUE         #Eliminate this row
2             2              TRUE        FALSE
3             0              FALSE      FALSE
4             0              FALSE      FALSE
5             1              FALSE      FALSE
6             3              FALSE      TRUE
6             2              TRUE        FALSE     #Eliminate this row
7             0              FALSE      FALSE
. . .

I want to eliminate the row with the lower value in adjacent rows that
have TRUE. And in principal, I could have more than 2 duplicate rows
next to each other.

How can I do this?

Thanks,
Jim