[R] R Crashing when trying to open script or load workpace

Musal mmusal at gmail.com
Fri Mar 26 14:43:33 CET 2010

Hello all,
I am using Windows XP and R 2.10.1. When using the "Open Script" or "Load
Workspace" File menu items, R tends to shut down. This does not happen while
I am writing the script within R or R is running a script. I used to have
this problem with a much earlier version of R. When I started using 2.9.X
this problem did not occur anymore. I have searched the list for similar
problems. Several people had the same problem when using 2.5.X or 2.6.X the
solution could be as simple as using a shorter filename which wont be a
problem for me but somebody might have a better idea than this.
Best,