[R] Calling R from c in Windows XP

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Sat Mar 27 18:45:48 CET 2010

On 27 March 2010 at 09:02, dkStevens wrote:
| This may simply expose my ignorance in this type of coding, but,
| unfortunately it's not that simple because I did using the RInside.h and
| received several screens of error messages from gcc telling me that it
| couldn't find the include file and the scores of additional include files
| that rinside.h referred to.  After much editing to point to these files
| those error messages went away but more screens of error messages followed.
| This using the four-line 'hello world' example that is provided by the
| RInside authors. So I'm faced with hours of chasing these down or finding a
| simpler example. I'd rather the latter, hence my post.

Try to look inside the installed package RInside and to fine the directory
examples/ -- it contains a directory standard/ with nine example files
rinside_sample[0-8] plus two further tests (and another directory mpi/ which
we ignore for now)

On a correctly setup computer, building the examples programs in the
directory examples/standard is as easy as saying

   make -f Makefile.win	       	# you need to point make to the Windows makefile

which builds all executables (on my windows box at work).  No editing required.

This is getting off-topic for r-help as you are asked by the posting guide to
contact package authors (ie Romain or me). We usually suggest to take these
RInside discussions to the rcpp-devel list --- see the R-Forge pages for Rcpp.

Dirk

--
  Registration is open for the 2nd International conference R / Finance 2010
  See http://www.RinFinance.com for details, and see you in Chicago in April!