[R] R Cmdr memory

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Sat Mar 27 21:30:54 CET 2010

On Mar 27, 2010, at 11:43 AM, ManInMoon wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I keep getting this error in console. but I have 30G of RAM:
>
> Error: cannot allocate vector of size 154.3 Mb
>
> Is there some way to tell it I have more memory available?
>
> I am on Windows XP 64 bit

But you are probably using 32 bit R.

You could try running this code. I copied if from a posting on r-help,
but regret that I did not insert a comment to remind me who posted it.

getsizes <- function() {z <- sapply(ls(envir=globalenv()),
                                     function(x) object.size(get(x)))
  (tmp <- as.matrix(rev(sort(z))[1:10]))  }

I had the same sort of question so many times that I added it to
my .Rprofile

--

David Winsemius, MD
West Hartford, CT