[R] Design of a survey using the "survey" package

Tom La Bone booboo at gforcecable.com
Sun Mar 28 14:15:29 CEST 2010

I have looked through the new "Complex Surveys" book and the documentation
for the "survey" package and it appears to me that there are no functions in
"survey" that help one to design a sampling scheme. For example, in the book
section 2.8 discusses the design of stratified samples, but there is no
mention of any functions in the "survey" package that implement the
discussed strategies. So, am I missing something obvious here or is the
"survey" package meant only for analyzing survey data once you have it in
hand?

Tom