[R] Page width figures in Latex

Jim Lemon jim at bitwrit.com.au
Mon Mar 29 03:21:40 CEST 2010

bRotheRs & sisteRs,
I am once again attempting to learn enough Latex voodoo to get something
done, and failing comically. The document "RJAuthorguide.pdf"
mentions that one can get page width figures through the use of the
"figure*" or "table* environments, but despite considerable searching
through the mail archives and reading Frank Harrell's discussion of
"Using Latex Figure Environments for Plots" until my eyes went on
strike, I am nowhere near a solution. Would anyone be kind enough to
point me to the Idiot's Guide to Latex Figure Environments?

Jim