[R] create space for a matrix

leobon leobon19831210 at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 29 08:37:03 CEST 2010

Hello all,
I want to creat a space for a matrix.
For example, I have a matrix with the dimension of 1(row)*3(col), which is
(2,3,4). Then I want to put this matrix into a new and larger matrix. The
dimension of the new matrix is 3*3. So what I want is creating a new larger
matrix which allows me to put each smaller matrix with the same columns into
it.
I know 0*(1:3) is the way to creat a space for 3 numbers. Could any body
tell me how to creat a space for a matrix?
Appreciate very much for your help!

Leo