[R] Design of a survey using the "survey" package

Thomas Lumley tlumley at u.washington.edu
Mon Mar 29 22:40:54 CEST 2010

On Sun, 28 Mar 2010, Tom La Bone wrote:

>So, am I missing something obvious here or is the
> "survey" package meant only for analyzing survey data once you have it in
> hand?

Yes, basically.  The package title is "analysis of complex survey samples", and the book is "a guide to analysis using R", and you get what it says on the tin.

You might look at the 'sampling' package, which has techniques for taking samples and which is used in some simulations in the book.

   -thomas