[R] From THE R BOOK -> Warning: In eval(expr, envir, enclos) : non-integer #successes in a binomial glm!

Corrado ct529 at york.ac.uk
Tue Mar 30 17:19:46 CEST 2010

Dear David,

David Winsemius wrote:
> A) It is not an error, only a warning. Wouldn't it seem reasonable to
> issue such a warning if you have data that violates the distributional
> assumptions?
I am not questioning the approach. I am only trying to understand why a
(rather expensive) source of documentation and the behaviour of a
function are not aligned.

> B) You did not include any of the data
Data attached as R object.
> C) Wouldn't this be more appropriate to the author of the book if this
> is "exactly what was suggested" there?

I think it will be definitively appropriate, but only when I am certain
I am not doing anything wrong.

Regards

--
Corrado Topi