[R] What is the best way to have "R" output tables in an MS Word format?

Barry Rowlingson b.rowlingson at lancaster.ac.uk
Sat May 1 00:38:27 CEST 2010

On Fri, Apr 30, 2010 at 11:13 PM, Max Gunther
<max.gunther at vanderbilt.edu> wrote:
> Dear "R" list,
>
> Our statisticians usually give us results back in a PDF format. I would like
> to be able to copy and past tables from "R" output directly into a Microsoft
> Word table since this will save us tons of time, be more accurate to
> minimize human copying errors and help us update data in our papers more
> easily.
>
> Do people have suggestions for the best way to do this?

 Learn to use Sweave for your documents, and then you can create
dynamic reports with the R code mixed in with your text. New data
comes in? Just run Sweave again, it does the R analysis, redoes the
tables, graphs etc, and out pops an updated PDF. Obviously if the
conclusions change you might have to rewrite some paragraphs.

It will save you tons of time, be more accurate to minimise
copy-and-paste errors, and help you update everything in your papers
more easily.

http://www.stat.uni-muenchen.de/~leisch/Sweave/

Barry