[R] What is the best way to have "R" output tables in an MS Word format?

Marc Schwartz marc_schwartz at me.com
Sat May 1 00:45:53 CEST 2010

On Apr 30, 2010, at 5:13 PM, Max Gunther wrote:

> Dear "R" list,
>
> Our statisticians usually give us results back in a PDF format. I would like
> to be able to copy and past tables from "R" output directly into a Microsoft
> Word table since this will save us tons of time, be more accurate to
> minimize human copying errors and help us update data in our papers more
> easily.
>
> Do people have suggestions for the best way to do this?
>
> I am a novice to "R" but I do work with a couple of
> very knowledgeable statisticians who do most of the heavy statistical
> lifting for our research group.
>
> Many thanks,
> Max

Max,

I would urge you to consider using Sweave. It enables the use of R and LaTeX to facilitate reproducible research, which seems to be your goal here.

You might want to talk to your campus neighbor Frank Harrell, who has extensive information on the Vanderbilt Biostatistics department web site on this:

  http://biostat.mc.vanderbilt.edu/twiki/bin/view/Main/StatReport

Frank also has some pointers for converting between various formats:

  http://biostat.mc.vanderbilt.edu/twiki/bin/view/Main/SweaveConvert

HTH,

Marc Schwartz