[R] What is the best way to have "R" output tables in an MS Word format?

Frank E Harrell Jr f.harrell at Vanderbilt.Edu
Sat May 1 05:35:46 CEST 2010

On 04/30/2010 05:45 PM, Marc Schwartz wrote:
> On Apr 30, 2010, at 5:13 PM, Max Gunther wrote:
>
>> Dear "R" list,
>>
>> Our statisticians usually give us results back in a PDF format. I would like
>> to be able to copy and past tables from "R" output directly into a Microsoft
>> Word table since this will save us tons of time, be more accurate to
>> minimize human copying errors and help us update data in our papers more
>> easily.
>>
>> Do people have suggestions for the best way to do this?
>>
>> I am a novice to "R" but I do work with a couple of
>> very knowledgeable statisticians who do most of the heavy statistical
>> lifting for our research group.
>>
>> Many thanks,
>> Max
>
> Max,
>
> I would urge you to consider using Sweave. It enables the use of R and LaTeX to facilitate reproducible research, which seems to be your goal here.
>
> You might want to talk to your campus neighbor Frank Harrell, who has extensive information on the Vanderbilt Biostatistics department web site on this:

And note Max that we have an R clinic every Thursday at 2pm.  LaTeX and
Sweave are frequently discussed during the clinic.

Frank

>    http://biostat.mc.vanderbilt.edu/twiki/bin/view/Main/StatReport
>
> Frank also has some pointers for converting between various formats:
>
>    http://biostat.mc.vanderbilt.edu/twiki/bin/view/Main/SweaveConvert
>
> HTH,
>
> Marc Schwartz

Frank E Harrell Jr   Professor and Chairman        School of Medicine